2011 Here We Go

R&R has been something I've wanted to do for a while because it's a way for me to vent about things that drive me crazy. And a lot of things drive me crazy.

Anyway I frequently amuse my friends with my rants, so why not share this enjoyment with others.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Elevator Etiquette

So, I'm on the elevator the other day heading down to the lobby. As the elevator doors open on the first floor i am face to face with some dimwit who is also standing in the door way. I give this chick the dumbface and she proceeds to back up.

What is wrong with people?! Rule #1 is let people off the elevator before you get on. I see this offense all the time. At least this one had sense to move because if she didn't I would have bowled her over. I mean really? Who the hell stands right in front of the door anyway? Are you racing someone to it?? Did you have to be the first one on? Slow the hell up and make sure you let people off first. I did have one guy that I had to just back up and let him on. The doors open and he is filling up the whole doorway. His big butt would have taken me out. He got away with it.... that time.

This violation really annoys me. One time a girl actually proceeded to try to jimmy her way in as I got off. Now, I'm not a big girl but I damn sure tried to take up the whole door way. And as she snaked by, I just glared at her and she giggled. WTF! If I didn't work in that building, I would have laid her behind out and told her Rule #1. But, I just rolled my eyes and kept it moving.

Other things that annoy me include the breaking of Rule #2: You only need to push the button once. If you are going to push a button, try the Doors Close one. I think that would serve you better. No need to push L if it's already lit. And pushing the button multiple times is not going to get us there faster. Yes, we all feel uncomfortable and pressured to make small talk on the slow elevator ride to the lobby; however, I am perfectly fine looking at the buttons and pretending you don't exist. I won't try to make an awkward situation more awkward if you don't. And you gettting on and pushing the button 20 ties is awkward.

Also, don't be a jerk. If someone is in the elevator lobby, hold the damn door (Rule #3). If they are in the parking lot... then you need to keep moving.

missushie

No comments:

Post a Comment