2011 Here We Go

R&R has been something I've wanted to do for a while because it's a way for me to vent about things that drive me crazy. And a lot of things drive me crazy.

Anyway I frequently amuse my friends with my rants, so why not share this enjoyment with others.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Password Please?

So, I'm listening to 106.5 this morning and happened to catch a very interesting conversation. Long story short: Guy is dating girl. Girl wants guys email password. Guy has dilemma. One girl calls in and says that "a mature relationship respects each others boundaries." Boundaries. Some people ask are those types of boundaries allowed in a relationship... what about a marriage. What's a password when you're sharing financial info, swapping bodily fluids and building a life together. I've heard people argue, Well if you don't have anything to hide, it shouldn't be a problem. So, what is the problem?

I'll tell you what the problem is! For me it comes down to trust and privacy. When you are secure in your spot, there is no need to go through people's personal emails. It may not be that your S/O has something to hide. For me the question is, why do you feel the need to look or even ask? A lot of women (and some men) have a certain intuition, sixth sense, whatever you want to call it, that something in their relationship isn't right. I think a lot of times, people snoop or want passwords to confirm that suspicion. If you have a bad feeling, I think it's best to go with your gut and outright ask the person or just let it go. Trust is the foundation of any relationship, so if you don't trust them, walk away!

And if I'm in a relationship, you gotta respect my privacy. Everyone has personal things that they don't want to share with everyone. If I have an email that I've saved between me and my girlfriends, I may not want my man reading that. Is that a crime? Do I have something to hide because I don't want to give up my password? No, I just want my privacy. Like, keeping a journal or a diary, you may not want your S/O to see that, but it doesn't mean you're a low-down cheating dog. I say, either you trust me or you don't and if you don't then keep it moving. Does being in a serious relationship or marriage mean that you give up everything, including passwords? I think not. There are still boundaries. I am still me and you are still you. I'm not saying you can just tell your S/O to mind their own business. I'm just saying, I would like a really good reason for someone to know my email/facebook/any password. What are you looking for? What do you want to know?

Am I crazy? Are passwords up for grabs??

No comments:

Post a Comment