So, I've recently been dating this new guy. I like him so much... to the point where I really don't want to talk to/meet/deal with anyone else. In my short time on the dating scene, I haven't really met anyone that's made me want to lock it down, hang up the pimp hat and be his girl... until now. The challenge I always have is telling the other guys I've been dating, that it's basically over. I'm not sure why. I guess in part, I did like the guy and I know they like me, so I don't want to hurt their feelings. But on the other hand, I don't want to be lead on and I don't think it's right to lead them on.
Some people are easier to blow off then others. Those are the guys that probably just wanted to get in your pants. With those guys, I just stop calling or taking their calls. They catch on eventually. They'll probably just find some new girl (if they don't have one already) to pursue. I have a lot of guys that fall off when they know I'm not giving it up anyway. Oh well.
The tricky thing for me of course is a guy that I did really like, but maybe wasn't 100% into. For example, he may have a kid. (While I don't mind dating a guy with a kid, it's just not my preference) Or, he may show me a bit of his crazy side, which makes me fall back a bit. Either way, you know when you've made a deeper connection with someone. You're talking every day, staying up late on the phone, boo-loving. I think the old boo knows when there's someone new because slowly but surely, the calls and pet names stop. But to avoid confusion, I just told dude. I told him I was interested in someone else. I wasn't sure what to expect but I think he took it pretty well. He was shocked. So, let's hope I don't get any backlash *fingers crossed*
Have you had anything crazy happen when your broke it off with a boo? Anything other options except for being straightforward or ignoring 'em?
No comments:
Post a Comment